Applications are sought for two new members of the FPM Training and Assessment Committee (FPMTAC). The committee is seeking active and engaged representatives in two areas of its work:
Interested candidates should complete the application form (down below) and return with a copy of their CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5PM Wednesday 15 November 2023. Applicants are asked to state which of the two representative positions they are interested in. Applications received after this date will not be eligible for the selection process.
Terms of service
The term of office for Committee members is three years. Second terms are at the discretion of the Faculty Board.
Those eligible must meet the following criteria;
- Must be a Pain Medicine Consultant and demonstrate evidence of a special interest in either Paediatric Pain or the Medical Training Initiative.
- Have capacity to undertake the role. It is recommended that potential Committee Members discuss their appointment with hospital colleagues and senior management to ensure they can dedicate the appropriate time to the role.
- Be either a member, associate member or fellow of the Royal College of Anaesthetists.
- Be a Fellow or member of the Faculty of Pain Medicine.
- Reading all papers and emails relevant to the work of the Committee.
- Attending all required meetings and taking an active part in the discussions.
- Taking on projects and work streams of the Committee.
- Writing updates, proposals, or other written materials for the work of the Committee.
- Producing articles or content for the FPM newsletter, Transmitter, and the Faculty website.
- Attending all meetings of their assigned boards, committees or working groups.
- Upholding the high standard of the Faculty and its work.
- The Committee meets four times a year. Meetings of the Committees are run on a 50/50 remote and in person basis. In person meetings will normally be held at the Royal College of Anaesthetists in London.
- The MTI representative will also be required to attend the meetings and actively engage in the work of the RCoA MTI Leadership Group. This group meets 3 times per year, both in person at the RCoA and online.
- Travel expenses are reimbursed subject to the standard arrangements.
- Committee Members are expected to attend all meetings.
- Committee Members may not send delegates to attend in their place.
- All Committee Members should disclose to the Chairman any relevant conflicting interest of any kind (financial or otherwise) arising in relation to any item on the agenda.
- The business of a meeting of the Committee will comprise the minutes of the previous meeting, and may include presentations, progress updates on projects and initiatives.
- Copies of the agenda and accompanying papers will be sent to Committee members in advance.
- Members can request the Chair to add items to the agenda in advance of the meeting.
- All members are encouraged to feel able to speak freely and contribute to the discussions.
Any questions? Email email@example.com if you would like any further information or an opportunity for an informal discussion.